Top 13 Ways to Lull Your Neopet to Sleep
Have you ever spent a whole night trying to get your Neopets to sleep? This can be incredibly frustrating, especially when they complain about how they’re tossing and turning all night. If you have ever struggled with this sort of issue, then you have come to the right place! We have used our wealth of experience to compile some great ways to efficiently put your pet to bed.
1. Play a bit of Maths Nightmare--an incredibly boring game involving a sleeping Aisha and a great deal of sums. We don’t know about you, but that game is enough to put us to sleep. Seriously, we could set world records with how quickly we can pass out while playing Maths Nightmare.
2. If late night mathematics sounds more stimulating than anything else, then you might consider counting Babaas as they jump over a fence. You would simply need to purchase a hoard of Babaas and install a tiny fence in your bedroom. They are relatively affordable petpets, but you will have to figure out where you will store them once your beloved pet has fallen asleep. We strongly suggest that you to remove them from your pet’s bedroom at once, as they are capable of making plenty of noise. However, if you choose to disregard our advice, then you should at least invest in a few petpet beds for your new Babaas. The Blue Moon Petpet Bed is an absolute steal!
3. Try reading your pet a bedtime story! There are several great options out there, such as Kreludan Bed Time Stories and the astonishingly inexpensive Maraquan Bed Time Stories. We have also heard great things about Peaceful Sleep, a fascinating novel explicating the sleep habits of the Snowager. However, we especially recommended Sleepy Time, a brilliant book written for the sole purpose of boring Neopians to sleep. We can absolutely attest to its efficacy, especially when combined with a few of our other methods. With so many outstanding books to choose from, how could you possibly go wrong?
4. If you are at all musically inclined, you may wish to consider playing a musical instrument for your Neopet. There are hundreds of them out there, so we are entirely confident that you can find one to your liking. Be that as it may, you will need to exercise your discretion when choosing an instrument. Playing the Brass Cymbals or the Mystery Island Gong, for instance, would be more likely to prevent your pet from falling asleep than anything else. Instead, we would recommend a soothing instrument, like the Harp!
5. Similarly, you could attempt singing a lullaby for your Neopet. We have found this to be especially effective if you are not completely tone-deaf. It is said that music has charms to soothe the savage Snicklebeast, so why wouldn’t it work on your perfectly civilized Neopet? If you're having trouble figuring out what to sing, you should peruse a copy of Baby Scorchio Nursery Rhymes. These tried-and-true lullabies are perfect for Neopets of all shapes and sizes.
6. If you’re unwilling to create your own music, there are alternatives. For example, if you’re persistent, you may be lucky enough to find a Night Sounds Music Track. This happens to be a retired item, but it is also a reliable way to put your pet to sleep. It’s well worth the trouble, if you ask us.
7. It is a known fact that drinking warm beverages is conducive to sleeping. As such, you could try providing them with a glass of warm milk or tea. Make sure not to give them anything caffeinated though, or they might be up all night! Our Neopets seem to love a nice cup of Chamomile Tea before bed.
8. Make sure that their beds are comfortable enough--not all beds are made alike. Take an Icy Bed, for instance. It might be well suited for a Snow or Ice Neopet, but a pet of any other color would be unlikely to appreciate it. A Magma pet, for example, would probably wake up in a puddle on the floor. A Fire Faerie Canopy Bed, on the other hand, would be great for Neopets who can handle large quantities of heat. Those flames aren't just for show! Generally speaking, we suggest an Air Faerie Canopy Bed; it will make your pet feel weightless while simultaneously offering support in all the right places.
9. Ensure that your pet is wearing comfortable pyjamas. There is an abundance of sleepwear at your disposal, but the right set of pyjamas will be cozy and warm without being too constricting. Additionally, a sleeping cap can go a long way towards keeping your Neopet’s head warm. Not to mention, they are utterly adorable.
10. While you’re out shopping, think about investing in a mobile for your pet. The gentle movements of the mobile are sure to entrance your pet until they fall into a deep sleep. We have found particularly good results with the Kookith Mobile, but we’re certain that an inexpensive mobile would produce the same outcome. There are some lovely, affordable ones out there! Incidentally, the Sweet Dreams Crib comes with a mobile, and might be convenient if you have a Baby Neopet.
11. Make sure that your Neopet has their favorite plushie or security blanket. Some Neopets are incapable of sleeping without this, so if your pet continues to oppose you, this may be why.
12. Once you have put your Neopet to bed, it can be incredibly frustrating if they wake up due to a loud thump, or even because they left a light on. Luckily, there are ways to combat this. You should consider purchasing a sleep mask in order to prevent your pet from being abruptly disturbed by the rising sun, or the glow emanating from their Fire Faerie Canopy Bed. Similarly, Don't Bother Me Earmuffs are sure to come in handy if you live in an area with a lot of noise pollution. Or if your pet’s ears tend to get cold in the night.
13. If all else fails, you can use a Sleep Ray on your Neopet while their back is turned. You should only proceed with this method if you are extraordinarily desperate. We want to be completely clear that this is an absolute last resort. Please do not use this tool lightly. After all, it was designed as a weapon!
We hope that you will find some of these techniques helpful in your mission to lull your precious Neopet to sleep. Sleepless nights can be very frustrating, but don’t lose hope! With the right method, we’re sure that your Neopet will sleep all night long (And if all else fails, you always have the Sleep Ray!) Thanks for reading, and sleep well!