Love At First Dip!
Dip into the fun of fondue! In honor of the Annual Chocolate Ball I present to you my article on the best things to dip in chocolate! However, in all fairness I must warn you. Chocolate can be pretty sneaky. This article may even become addictive! You do own a Chocolate Fondue set, right? If not, I suggest buying the Deluxe Chocolate Fondue! It's a chocoholic's dream: decadent layers of warm, melted ooey gooey chocolate cascading down multiple tiers creating a “chocolate waterfall”! Chocolate fondue is especially enjoyed for its yumminess and compatibility with many other types of food. A luscious, rich chocolate fondue is a sure crowd pleaser. Everyone loves fondue because it is fun! And most of all, a chocolate fondue lets you celebrate your obsession for chocolate.
Since everyone shares the fondue pot there are a few basic guidelines to follow. No double dipping and use your fondue fork to get a bite-sized morsel of food, then dip and swirl around in the chocolate. Hold it over the sauce, allowing any excess to drip back into the pot. Your neofriends will love dipping fruit and other various treats into the chocolate mixture. You won't regret it, I promise. :)
I have been a chocoholic for as long as I can remember and as a child I couldn't wait until I was grown up so that I could eat as much chocolate as I wanted. Now I am just smart enough to splurge only on my favorites! Whether I get a glimpse of some ordinary fruit, someone mentions melted chocolate, or even if I get a whiff of chocolate aroma, something comes over me. I can feel my face begin to smile, my eyes twinkle, and my mouth start to water. And due to my affinity for chocolate, chocolate fondue has become a necessity! As far as what to dip? You are limited only by your own imagination.
These are my personal favorites...
1. Chocolate Coated Lolly: A true classic, for years this has been a staple of candy lovers around the Neopian world. There is nothing that spectacular about them, and that is what makes them so great. No need to wait for dessert, just have a chocolate fondue fun party. Other great choices are Chocolate Coated Candy Cane and Dark Chocolate Covered Toffee. Yah!
2. Chocolate Coated Peanut Butter: To me these are the cream of the crop when it comes to chocolate covered treats. Chocolate covered... does it get any better? Your neofriends will squeal with delight when they try these! Addictive, man these things really are great. Other great choices are Chocolate Covered Lime Gummy Gem and Chocolate Covered Carmel Corn. *drools*.
3. Chocolate Coated Pear: (or any other fruit, for that matter) Cutting down on the calories? Chocolate covered fruit is a wonderful blend of flavors that most people can't resist! And, yes, it’s a healthy treat. Other great choices are Chocolate Covered Apple and Chocolate Peach! Dip away!
4. Chocolate Dipped Peophin Cookie: Who doesn't love cookies? Who?!? Then imagine them smothered in rich milk chocolate. Making chocolate covered cookies is not only simple but also very elegant. Neopia’s favorite cookie just got sweeter! Other great choices are Chocolate Covered Kiko Popcornball and Choco-Strawberry Techo Cookie. Mouthwatering eh?
5. Nova Sponge Cake: This cake is one that can stand on its own but I can't wait to serve it with ooey gooey melty chocolate. It’s a classic combo that is sure to please everyone. One bite and you will know why I am practically drooling over this chocolate dipped cake... goodness!!! So at your next party, try serving chocolate fondue instead of a boring pie or cake. Other great choices are Chocolate Covered Crumpet and Scorchio Chocolate Cream Cake.
6. Chocolate Coated Pretzel: If you have never tried these before I can see how you might be a little apprehensive, but bite in and you'll love them. Most people think that salt and chocolate don't mix, but combined properly they are the best of friends. This is another great treat for all. Other great choices are Chocolate Coated Mint Bar and Chocolate Covered Peanuts.
7. Chocolate Corn Dog: Yup--don't knock it until you try it. Seriously, who comes up with these ideas? If you're a corn dog fan, then these might very well become your favorite. How many different ways can you spell "yum"? Indulge yourself and take time and enjoy the delightful things in life. Other great choices are White Chocolate Dipped Sandwich and Chocolate Coated Hot Dog. Dippity-do!
8. Chocolate Coated Marshmallow: Whoever invented the Chocolate Coated Marshmallow was a genius! Consider adding graham crackers as well so that your neofriends can enjoy s'mores. One of life's greatest pleasures! Other great choices are Chocolate Covered Marshmallow Zafara and Chocolate Dipped Marshmallow Grundo. Yummy, a little of that over this way please. ;p
9. Chocolate Asparagus: This must be an acquired taste; for the most part asparagus and chocolate are a great combination, but this is really odd. I'm not too sure what to say about this treat, try it but don't go buying pounds of it because you might not like it that much. Adam dares you to try just one bite. Haha. Other great choices are Chocolate Parsnip and Chocolate Covered Tomato. Dip-a-licious!
10. Chocolate Elephante Doughnut: The ultimate chocolate experience. (Almost addicting!) For a little extra fun, I suggest dipping your Chocolate covered doughnut in colorful candy sprinkles. I'm drooling just thinking about it! Other great choices are Chocolate Orange Doughnut and Chocolate Doughnutfruit. YUM!
I know that there are many other types of chocolate covered treats, and I'm sure that I will add to this list in the future. The possibilities are endless; what can you think of that would go great with a rich, flowing chocolate fondue fountain? Why don't you give it a try? So if you can't find it dipped in chocolate dip try it yourself and never fear… your suggestions are safe in my chocolate covered fingers. :)