Have a Ball
So the Annual Chocolate Ball is coming up, and I’m guessing all you know about it is that it involves... chocolate? Well, you’re in the right place. I’m about to tell you everything you need to know before September 15th.
First of all, you’ll need to be invited to the event. If you’re not someone lucky like a relative of the Auction Genie, you need to do some work. Call your most social friend and ask if they know the head of the event: the Chocolate Factory owner. If they do, ask them to put in a good word for you. It won’t be your best moment, but it’s better than missing out. If none of your connections work, you can always try to work at the event somehow. It won’t be as fun as being an invited guest, but it’s the next-best thing. Now let’s look at the schedule overview.
6:00-7:00 pm: Check-in and picture taking
It’s best to arrive fashionably late at around 6:30. It leaves plenty of time to sign in and pose for some pictures, but it won’t last long enough for you to get bored.
7:00-7:30 pm: Seating and mingling
The best advice that I can give you is to not sit alone for this time period. Find some friends to chat with while you wait, or else it can put a damper on the evening. Also, ladies, this is a good time to stop in the restroom to fix your make-up.
7:30-8:30 pm: Dining
Aside from dessert, this is the best part of the evening. Fabulous chefs from all over Neopia practically beg to work at this event, and you reap the benefits. ;)
8:30-9:00 pm: Dessert
This is where the chocolate finally comes in. Be sure to check out of the chocolate fountain and dip some strawberries in it. Yum.
9:00-10:00 pm: Dancing
It would not be a ball without dancing, right? Make sure your dancing is very formal and appropriate or you will not be invited back next year.
10:00-10:30 pm: Goodbyes
An unwritten rule is that you have to stop by the event planner/venue host to thank him. If not, prepare to get the cold shoulder in the future. Also before you head out, grab a parting gift (a bag full of chocolate treats)!
Does it sound like a lot of work to please people? It’s really not that bad; the chocolate’s sweetness makes up for the annoying social responsibilities. Also, after your first time as a guest, you won’t feel uncomfortable at all. I promise. Next, let’s look at what you should not do during the event.
- Don’t hover around the Chocolate Factory Kiko unless you are very good friends. You don’t want to seem like you're trying to get something from him (even though we all would like a private tour of the factory).
- Don’t have bad table manners. Chewing with your mouth open or talking with your mouth full is out of the question. You must be very proper, or else you will look like a Snorkle.
- Don’t hold yourself back at the dessert table. After all, the whole event is about chocolate! It’s okay to indulge a little... or a lot.
- Don’t talk too much. Most of the guests will be too polite to tell you to be quiet, so they will do this awkward staring thing. Not good.
- Don’t forget about your outfit. If you’re a girl, pick out the perfect poufy dress, and if you are a guy, a fancy suit. If it seems too over the top, it’s probably perfect. This event is anything but simple.
- Don’t leave early, because it is very disrespectful to head out before the evening is over. A tremendous amount of planning was needed to pull off the event, so keep that in mind. Besides, do you really have anything better to do?
- Don’t eat anything before you leave for the ball. There is so much fabulous food that you’ll want to wait to stuff yourself with it.
I’ve also decided to make a quiz to find out which chocolate treat is best for you. After all, there is nothing worse than gorging yourself with chocolate that is less than satisfactory.
1. Your style is...
a) Elegant and refined
b) Casual and comfortable
c) Funky and fun
2. When your friends fight, you...
a) Tell them to stop acting immature
b) Stay out of it
c) Try to get them to laugh it off
3. If you were stranded on an island with a few people, you would...
a) Make the most of it and get a tan
b) Build a shelter
c) Think of games to pass the time
4. When near water, you...
a) Dip your feet in it
b) Jump right in!
c) Splash your friends
5. If a problem arises, you...
a) Always know the solution
b) Use teamwork to fix it
c) Lighten the mood
6. Do you like to dance?
a) I’m a great ballroom dancer
b) Not really
c) Yeah, I get down! xD
7. Your speed dial is full of phone numbers for...
a) Fine restaurants
c) Crazy people
8. When in doubt...
a) Pinky out!
b) Go with what you know
c) Bring a camera
9. Your ideal vacation includes...
a) A 5-star hotel
b) A lake
c) A party
10. Your best trait is...
a) Your maturity
b) Your practicality
c) Your fun nature
If you answered with A the most:
You are sophisticated and stylish, so your perfect treat is Chocolate Rose Petal Ice Cream. It’s very classy-- just like you!
If you answered with B the most:
You are logical and down-to-earth, so you should indulge yourself with a classic: Large Milk Chocolate Cybunny. It’s simple but oh so delicious!
If you answered with C the most:
You are all about having a fun time no matter what, so you should buy a Chocolate Lipstick. It is 100% edible, but you can have a lot of fun applying it before devouring.
I hope this article will help you prepare for the Chocolate Ball! It’s truly one of the best events of the year, so I hope that you can attend. Have fun. :)