We all get sick pets once in a while. But there are lots of things you can
do to prevent illness, cure your pet, and help it gain strength it lost during
If you want to prevent illness, you can do several things:
1. Do not use the money tree. It can give your pets very serious illnesses.
(I know... my pets once got an illness when I had 50 NP and the cure on the
Shop Wizard cost more than 1000 NP. The stores didn't even have the cure!)
2. Keep your pet well fed.
3. Keep your pet happy-sadness helps illness along.
Things to do while your pet is ill
When your pet is ill, you obviously try to give it medicine. But you can
do other things:
1. Go to Healing Springs in Faerieland. Sometimes the faerie there will heal
2. While you are searching for medicine, make sure your pet is getting enough
liquid (water or tea works best) and food.
Trying to find medicine
Sometimes your pet will be struck with an illness that is uncommon, which
results in the medicine being uncommon and expensive. There are several ways
you can find the medicine you need:
1. Go to the trading post on Mystery Island and put your best item up for bid.
Then on your wishlist, say you will only except the medicine you need. It helps
if say why you need this medicine. If you do, some people will feel sorry for
you and trade you the medicine.
2. Before the illness--It helps if anytime you stumble across some cheap medicine.
To buy it and put it in your safety deposit box. I did that, and now have almost
all the medicine. Now whenever my pets get sick, I can cure her/him right away!
3. Check the Shop Wizard for your medicine.
4. Ask your guild leader for some. Some guild leaders give medicine to guild
members who need it. Find out if your guild leader will give you some.
After the Illness
After your pet has had medicine,it is a good idea to make them strong again.
You can do this by giving the vitamins and iron--you can buy these for under
20 NP at the health food store in Neopia Central.
These methods all worked for my sick pets. I hope they work for yours! And
don't forget--stock up on medicine and love your pet!