It has come to my attention that over the past few weeks, Scorchios and Shoyrus
have been in a sort of…war. I always thought they got along! I always thought
they were friends! Guess I’m wrong… as usual.
Well, as you can tell by reading my username, you can tell I am a BIG Scorchio
lover. Shoyrus are OK…but I like Scorchios better. Me being an older Neopian,
I know that the Scorchio was once on the top… until the demand for those big-eyed
dragons increased. They were thought to be the cuter of the two; I always thought
Scorchios were cuter. I interviewed my friends, and to my disappointment, they
all liked Shoyrus better!
Well, let's start with the pros of Shoyrus
The Shoyru is a fiery little creature. Treat him right and you will have a
friend for life. But if you are mean to him, He will never forget it.
1. Yes they are very cute, good for entering in the beauty contest.
2. They can be very loyal…if you treat them nice.
3. They do make good battle dome partners. They are very flexible when it comes
4. It seems that a Shoyru can have a very good memory… Shoyrus are the most
5. They are great singers! That’s how Yes-Boy-Ice-Cream got to the top! Tickets
sell for 9000 NPs in some places!
Why am I doing the pros of those little Shoyrus? Why not get to the cons? *Cackles*
1. They have hygiene problems *cough cough*
2. When born, they are totally dimwitted. You really don’t want to see a Shoyru
3. Though they are the most popular, they are also the most common.
4. They are normally lazy, unless put to work as soon as they can walk.
5. They tend to get stuck in trees, you shouldn’t get a baby Shoyru unless you
have a very tall NeoPet to be it’s best friend.
6. Shoyrus hate, I mean, Hate, to be left alone. They will cry, and whine. You
have to break them of that habit.
All in all, Shoyrus make great, loyal, and life long pets. How else would they
get to be number one? Anyway, let's get to those adorable little Scorchios!
Scorchios are outgoing and friendly most of the time. They prefer hot climates,
especially the deserts and volcanic regions of Neopia. Let's get started with
the pros of Scorchios
1. Scorchios are very friendly and loyal.
2. They are loving and kind just like Shoyrus
3. They are very helpful. I mean, if you have a NeoHome, they will clean it
up faster than you can say Kadoatie!
4. They don’t get bored too easily, you could play hours of Kacheek seek with
5. They are great battlers! Though not as flexible with training as Shoyrus,
they are magnificent battlers once you get them used to it!
6. On those hot Neopian days of summer, you wont have to worry about you pet
getting too hot or dehydrated! They are used to it!
I hate to do this, but I have to get to the cons of those sweet, adorable Scorchios
1. Scorchios tend to get a little well, protective of their stuff when they
are young. You should break your Scorchio of this habit right away!
2. They can go longer than Shoyrus alone, but they still get upset when they
are left alone too long.
3. I wouldn’t feed my Scorchio too much sugar if I were you…They get well, addicted.
4. If those cute Scorchios want something, they will get it. They will complain
and whine and beg until you get them what they want.
5. They get upset if you don’t keep them happy. You didn’t get your pet that
gold ring it wanted? It’s gonna be upset for a while...
Now, Personally, I’m in favour of the Scorchio, but the Shoyru is a good pet
too! They both have a lot of similarities, but they are still very different.
I always thought they got along! But just a few days ago my Scorchio got a challenge
from a Shoyru saying, “My Shoyru is gonna whoop your Scorchio!” Actually, I
won that battle. But still, can't we all just get along?
Note: Recently after this after this article was published, The Scorchio
Queen was attacked by an angry mob of Shoyrus, we have a recording.
“No! Don’t hurt me!”
“Dimwitted? I’ll show you dimwitted…heh heh heh..”