Adoption vs. Creation
I never started out being a big fan of adopting. I began believing that it
was better to create your own NeoPet, because then you could give it its own
special name, re-roll the stats until they were good, choose its species, and
choose its colour. Soon, after taking care of four NeoPets, all created by me,
I think it hit me.
I realised that there are many NeoPets out there which people neglect and abandon.
Everyone has probably abandoned at least one NeoPet before, and for those of
you who haven't, your time will probably come. I wondered, "What would happen
if people abandoned pets in the real world as often as the do on NeoPets?" I'd
like you to think about that too. There would be so many pets in this world
without adequate homes. Some of my friends like to joke about how they forgot
to go on NeoPets for awhile, and when they came back, their NeoPet was ill.
I used to laugh at how funny this was, but now, I don't think that there is
any humour in it at all!
I've found that there is no other way to tell the players on NeoPets how I
feel about adoption and creation, but then through these tips and thoughts:
Why I believe people create (and don't adopt) NeoPets:
· They want it to be completely theirs.
· They want to pick out the name.
· The want to pick the colour. (I find this a silly reason to create a pet,
because you can change the colour easily with an inexpensive paintbrush or potion.)
· They want to pick the species.
· They don't want a second hand pet.
Why I believe people then abandon their created NeoPet:
· The colour scheme is all wrong. (Again, a dumb reason)
· The pet is a picky eater.
· The pet is always mad at them.
· The pet is dimwitted, or dull, and doesn't gain intelligence very fast.
· They wanted to see what a transformed moehog looked like…
· They can't afford upkeep. (If this is you, I'd suggest reading the plethora
of articles on how to make NPs. There is usually at least one article on this
topic in every issue.)
How to be happy with your pet, and prevent abandoning it:
· Play games with your pet! Play the kind that you pet is involved in as well
as you. Good choices are: Kacheek Seek, Guess the Card, (which can improve intelligence,)
and any other games that your NeoPet plays in too!
· Buy some toys for your pet. If your pet gets sick of a toy, get it a new one,
because pets do not like playing with the same toy over and over again. Remember,
toys do not need to be expensive for you pet to be happy with them.
· If you are unhappy with the colour, save up for a paintbrush. They can cost
from 2,500 to 85,000 NPs. Some good quick money-makers are the Tombola, the
Fruit Machine, the Wheel of Excitement, and the Wheel of Mediocrity.
· Every NeoPet is different, so every NeoPet has different taste buds. But,
there is one food that they will all eat, and that's faerie food.
· Read, read, read to make your pet smarter. Books can cost between 150 and
3,000 NPs. You can pay cheap bargain prices on books like Learn to Swim,
Learn to Fly, and The Green Thumb Guide. If you see a book you
like in the NeoPets book shop, try looking for it on Shop Wizard. The Shop Wizard
will usually find you much cheaper prices.
· Don't use a paintbrush, potion, or chia pop until you know what your NeoPet
will look like afterwards. If you go to the place where you paint your NeoPet,
they have a complete list of what every NeoPet can look like. I have found this
· Play games that roll in the dough! You can then afford easy up-keep of 4 NeoPets.
· 2 words, Healing Springs! Healing Springs can heal you pet as well as put
an end to hunger.
· Start out small. Adopt just one NeoPet to start out with. As your income rises,
adopt another one. Make sure you have at least 5,000 NPs stored away for each
NeoPet you have. If you own 4 NeoPets, and are living on only a few thousand
NP, you're apt to abandon one or two.
· If you have enough NPs, give you NeoPetPet pets. PetPets keep them very
happy. PetPets from Tyrannia can be pretty inexpensive if you buy them from
· If your NeoPet is mutant, use a red, green, blue, or yellow paintbrush to
return it back to normal.
If not one of these tips work, I'm sorry. But then again, all of these worked
for me. Please, ADOPT your NeoPet, and TAKE CARE of it too. You will feel better
about yourself. I know I did. Remember, together we can make a difference and
lower the number of pets in the pound! This is cpbcgurl, signing off, and thanking
you for your time!